Sunday, December 26, 2021

Artnotes: Tutto Bene

 

Roccamalatina Italy, 26/12/21
Remnants: Winter Roses    Laurie Fox  Pessemier  acrylic/canvas 11 x 14"  27 x 3841cm  450.00
(I am offering my paintings as prints, in much larger format - send an email if interested)
Blair and I are still Covid positive, but they sent him home from the hospital this week.   Hallelujah!  He arrived, with blue holiday lights, in an ambulance, on Tuesday.   We have to maintain a distance from one another, but it is just such a comfort to know the other person is here.  

Last week I said I would talk about what I learned from last year.  Lord knows I’ve had plenty of time to think about it, being in Isolation since 8 December. Meanwhile, wonderful motley foods arrive, as interpreted from my shopping list, by our fine neighbors.  Presents have come in the mail, from Amazon:  books and a game.  Greeting Cards.   
Potatoes  Laurie Fox Pessemier  acrylic/canvas  11 x 15"   27 x 38 cm  450.00
I am not going to talk about things I learned (good)  and how I learned them (bad): it’s depressing. I’ll wait for when we all get too happy and need a sobering moment.    I’d rather talk about the joys of cold water swimming, or the search for a new dog.   I’d rather make a nice meal and drink red wine.   I’d really like to sit down right next to you, touching, and have a good laugh.

But alas, we wait for 2022 and what it will bring.  I am drumming up a new list of resolutions, less specific this year, more philosophical. They’ll read like a newspaper horoscope:  Covid can’t mess with those truths.
Oak Leaves in a Vase   Laurie Fox Pessemier  Acrylic/canvas 8 x 14"  20 x 36cm   450.00
The ground here is white with frost.  We got up on Christmas morning, and drove to the fountain of youth.  The water seemed slightly warmer than the air, in fact.  I wanted to be a polar bear, but held back and just dipped my fingers in.    Swimming there with Harika was my happiest memory of 2021.

I’ve painted a few pictures this week, and Blair has started to pick up his brush.  It seems really important to me to be painting, writing, keeping in touch.   I would have to say the one thing I have learned from the experiences of this year, is that it isn’t WHERE you are, but what you DO.  When I paint or write, and become so involved in those things, I leave my earthly state.  
Fountain of Youth in Winter   Laurie Fox Pessemier Acrylic/newspaper  15 x 10" 38 x 25cm   450.00
We had a zoom Christmas Eve with my sisters and their families, that made things all right with the world.   Tutto Bene.


INVITING All Artists to present their Work: 


Pessemier's Sunday Salon
Weekly on Sunday  No Reservation Necessary

Rome 8PM ; NY 2 PM; LosAngeles  11AM


No comments: