Thursday, December 23, 2021

Artnotes: Asea

 

Roccamalatina Italy, 19/12/21
Tree in Winter  Laurie Fox  Pessemier  acrylic/canvas 10 x 15"  25 x 38cm  450.00
Writing artnotes has been harder for me lately.  Blair (my inspiration) is still in hospital.  I am sleeping what I think is a little too much, but maybe it’s part of healing Covid.   We both await our tests this week.  I am reading the same book , David Hockney Spring Cannot be Cancelled, for the second time.  I really love it – he inspires me.

I painted a few paintings -- its too cold to go outside, so I must look out the windows onto the bleak winter landscape.   The sun is lovely, in fact, and I walk around the outside of the house a couple of times a day. 
Sunny Day in Winter  Laurie Fox Pessemier  acrylic/canvas  18 x 8"   46 x 20 cm  450.00
I feel as if my boat has broken from its mooring and I am asea.  I am not complaining, just aware of floating loose.  I speak to Blair several times a day.  His new “roommate” also had two covid vaccines and the booster before falling ill.   I wonder how many other patients arrived under the same circumstances, according to the rules?
Winter Morning  Laurie Fox Pessemier  Acrylic/canvas 9 x 18"  20 x 40cm   450.00
This is my time of year to reflect and plan for 2022.  I didn’t reach my New Year’s goals of 2021.  They were too literal, and dependent on usual conditions.  I am going to be more philosophical in my approach this year.  I will throw at least one old resolution back into the hopper:  learn to make pizza.  A new neighbor in Stimigliano  is going to open a pizza school, which will make it easier (although Naples would be more fun, wouldn't it?).  

I have learned more than I anticipated in this last year. Mostly it is beneficial, but some I could have done without.   It’s harder to believe in Santa Claus: maybe I should BE Santa Claus.   I will write the things I’ve learned from 2021 for next Artnotes.  You rarely learn from good experiences, only the difficult ones.   But sometimes the result is worth it.
The Cards We're Dealt   Laurie Fox Pessemier Acrylic/newspaper  12 z 12" 30 x 30cm   450.00

Blair has sinced been released from hospital

No comments: