| Our House in Roccamalatina #73 via Balugani |
|
| I made a celebratory meal this week. My sister and her husband were on a trip to Italy with friends, and stopped by Il Casone for a few hours. Did you know our house had a name? I never paid attention to it, but my brother-in-law took a photo, and it made me think, yeah, it’s kinda neat. |
|
| |
Five Apples Laurie Fox Pessemier Acrylic/paper 12.5 x 17" 30 x 42cm 190.00 |
|
| I made a cauliflower soup (I chose the heartier bacon and hazelnut variation over the rosemary olive oil). It was a bit challenging to unearth the recipe I had from Epicurious, because I saved it online back when they didn’t have a paywall. Luckily, I found an alternate site that bootlegged it. The same thing happened with the next course: Kate Camont’s chicken a la diablo is now inaccessible without a substack subscription. Fortunately, I had copied and sent it to a friend, and except for the last line, it was intact. Everything is monetized these days, except Artnotes I guess. Stupid of me, but really, I love to share my happy, artistic life with friends. A free Kissing Booth. |
|
| | Apples in a Wooden Bowl Blair Pessemier Acrylic/canvas 9x 13” 22 x 33cm 375.00 |
|
| I’ve been trying to buy books about food, of which there seems a scarcity, and consequently, some very expensive volumes. I found a store I’d like to visit someday in New York: Kitchen Arts and Letters. They have some terrific books, but sadly not the two I am seeking. I am on a list. I know, at my tender age I shouldn’t be collecting more things, but on the contrary, if I want to caress and handle those printed words and photos, now is the only time. Someday you will stop by to visit me and admire it, and I’ll give it to you. And a kiss. |
|
| | African Vultures from a Salon Photo Laurie Fox Pessemier Acrylic/paper 12.5 x 17" 30 x 42cm 190.00each 2 for 250.00 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
After the soup and chicken and big green salad, we ventured out to the Sassi, the National Park. The last time my sister was here (4 years ago) we threw my other brother-in-laws ashes over the cliff. The big restaurant there has been shuttered (I have sort of been thinking of opening it as a coffee shop three days a week – likely a bigger folly than collecting books). There’s another little indoor/outdoor restaurant among the trees, called the Blast Furnace (Alto Forno). “Why don’t they open that one?” my sister asks, most logically. We take photos on a slope so everyone is the wrong height. Only my sister, who is short, has the advantage of looking tall. |
|
| | Lev, Teresa, Me,Blair on a slope (normal height, from tallest to shortest, Lev, Blair, Me and Teresa…. |
|
|
After a visit to our gallery and the Eight Immortals art show, we go home and sing Happy Birthday and eat cake. My family and their friends take off for Lake Garda, and I make chicken soup. |
|
| |
Pink Fall Flowers (Sedum) Laurie Fox Pessemier Acrylic/paper 12.5 x 17" 30 x 42cm 190.00 |
|
| | INVITING All Artists to present their Work: Paint, Literature, Crafts, Food.... Pessemier's Sunday Salon Weekly on Sunday No Reservation Necessary
How it works: Bring a piece of your ART: that could be visual, like painting or printmaking; or literary, as in poetry or prose; or crafts, like metalwork or knitting; or food, or music. Something you made, or feel particularly inspired by. You have about 5 minutes to present, and we'll ooh, ahh, or answer questions you have. You can also come and see how we work before diving in. Just show up on Zoom at a minute or two before the hour. No selling, no networking until after everyone has presented. No politics, no sales pitches, please. |
|
| |
|
|
|
|