Sunday, April 04, 2021

Artnotes: Celebrate BIG

 

Lavendar Geraniums  Laurie Fox Pessemier  acrylic/canvas  18 x 12 "  45 x 30 cm
490.00
Easter: limited to just a couple of friends, but exciting, nonetheless.  It makes me so glad I had all the Easter extravaganzas I did in the past.   In Easters past in Paris (and recently, in Rome), we would have elaborate brunches, and then go walking about in our Easter bonnets, whether that was locally acceptable or not.  I laugh at those people who worry about wearing a beret in Paris or drinking cappuccino in Italy in the afternoon – if you like it, and have confidence, enjoy!
Daffodils in the Yard  Blair  Pessemier  acrylic/canvas 18 x 21.5"  45 x 55cm   575.00
One year, we walked with C and M and family (from North Carolina) from our house on rue d’Assas to Napoleon’s Tomb.  We saw brilliant yellow birds along the way, and we visited Napoleon’s stuffed dog (died of the poison from his masters table).   We had a brunch at our house with a family from Seattle.  I had hats for all and we trekked across the Seine from 72, rue de Lille, to the Tuileries.  I painted a picture of Napoleon Bunnyparte. When we were working at the Petit Lux restaurant we met people with nowhere to go on Easter, so I made us all lunch at our apartment at rue d’Assas.  We got on like a house afire, and they became lifelong friends.   There were other equally lovely and fabulous times, usually a meal and a promenade.
Wild wildflowers  Laurie Fox Pessemier  mixed media/paper 17 x 25"  41 x 63cm   420.00
This Easter Monday, (Pasquetta) we are having melon and prosciutto, lamb and potatoes, lots of dessert.  Simple but festive.  We might walk up to the Sassi di Roccamalatina.  I have hats.  And umbrellas, just in case.
Cherry Tree at Ludovico's  Laurie Pessemier  Acrylic/canvas  12 x 12"  30 x 30 cm  375.00
I find it’s always best to live to the maximum.  I learned at an early age not to save myself for the future: it may never come, or not be quite like you imagined.  Relatives passed, life changed, Covid ensued.   Be happy and satisfied now.   People sacrificed so they could have money to travel later in life.  My boss at the Art Library had such a husband who died with a (then enormous) million dollar life insurance policy.  After a dozen years she still grieved.  And traveled for 20 years, alone.
Red and Yellow Laurie Fox Pessemier  Acrylic/canvas  12 x 9.5"  31 x 24cm  280.00
I’ve thought so much over this past year.  My feelings have changed on many subjects   I love the trees and birds and butterflies just for being there. They’ve become my friends over the last 12 months, and it’s wonderful to see them reborn.
In our Easter Bonnets at the Tuileries, Paris  2002
We’ll have our Salon (zoom) on Sunday, as usual.  I think it’s important to keep things like the Salon, or Easter, going, because once we stop doing something, it’s hard to get it going again.  After not going to the High Point Market one year, I never went again.  After I didn’t go to Connecticut for Christmas in 2010, it was over. I don’t quite know why it works that way, but stopping is like breaking a thread that doesn’t pick up again.  That said, it’s always possible to make a new celebration, whenever you like.
Celebrate BIG.


INVITING All Artists to present their Work: 


Pessemier's Sunday Salon
Weekly on Sunday  No Reservation Necessary

Rome 8PM ; NY 2 PM; LosAngeles  11AM

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85625088767?pwd=WldKRk9VbUVITWtRS0FFK2JwdGEwQT09
Description:Laurie Pessemier is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting. Join Zoom Meeting

 


 

No comments: