Sunday, November 20, 2022

Artnotes: Cozy

 


Red coat green leash    Blair Pessemier  Acrylic/canvas   13 x 16"  33 x 40cm  450.00
I drank too much last night.  We had neighbors over for dinner in Stimigliano, and we had such a rip-roaring time, I went hog wild.  So I am a trifle shaky this morning, careful not to jostle my noggin too much.  Typing ever so carefully.

Madame H    Laurie Fox  Pessemier  Acrylic/crayon/paper   25 x 17"  63 x 41cm  250.00
We rarely entertain in Stimi.  In fact, I brought the good silverware back to the house in Roccamalatina.  But what we had at last night’s table suited just fine.   Earlier this week, I was dismayed to read that in England (where I think of table manners, fine china and silverware), 80 percent of the population would rather “order in” than have an honest to goodness dinner party.  And just forget dressing up or even looking decent.  I am such an old fogey, I go in for all that.  I have been wanting to buy an evening gown.
Fall Arrangement   Laurie Fox Pessemier  Acrylic/crayon/paper  17 x 25"  63 x 41 cm   250.00
I did get an interesting men’s paisley silk smoking jacket at the thrift store this week.  I wore it last evening.  It’s washable, which means it isn’t really silk, but it’s shiny and feels and looks good if you don’t get too close.  And I don’t need to iron it.
   Oh Trees   Blair Pessemier   Acrylic/canvas  21 x 14"  53 x 35 cm  550.00    
We went to a luncheon party on Thursday, with people from Italy, France, Canada and the USA (us).  It was a celebration of three generations, father, son and grandson.  They opened the restaurant in Montalbano just for us.  We ate fried appetizers, and a first (pasta) course, and went straight to dessert from there.  I felt so honored to be included in the group of eight.  I didn’t drink too much (lest you think me a sot).
Girl Painting by the River     Laurie Fox Pessemier  Acrylic/crayon/canvas 14 x 11"  35 x 33cm  390.00  
We drove to Stimigliano on Friday.  We left in the foggy darkness and arrived before noon.  I feel a little excited when I see our town on the hill.   Our apartment here is super cozy, and Berlino likes it because he can see where everyone is at all times – that’s the beauty of 70 square meters (about 700 square feet).    We go for many walks, because there is no yard.

We are here just for the weekend, but hope to come back for two or three months starting December 1st.  We can go to Rome for Christmas.
Into the Woods  Laurie Fox Pessemier  Acrylic/crayon/paper 17x 25"  41 x 63cm  190.00


INVITING All Artists to present their Work:   Paint, Literature, Crafts, Food....


Pessemier's Sunday Salon
Weekly on Sunday  No Reservation Necessary

19h GMT   8PM Rome   2PM New York   11AM San Francisco


 

How it works: Bring a piece of your ART: that could be visual, like painting or printmaking; or literary, as in poetry or prose; or crafts, like metalwork or knitting; or food, or music.  Something you made, or feel particularly inspired by.  You have about 5 minutes to present, and we'll ooh, ahh, or answer questions you have.  You can also come and see how we work before diving in.  Just show up on Zoom at a minute or two before the hour.   
No selling, no networking until after everyone has presented.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88093708954?pwd=M04zNHB4dFZkREp3bThweUd1YnVDZz09