Sunday, September 22, 2024

Artnotes: TroppaTrippa

 

Trippa  Laurie Fox Pessemier   Acrylic/paper  9 x 9"  23 x 23cm  175.00

 I received an unusual request some months ago, regarding my tripe can painting.   It seems there is an official “Tripe” group here in Italy, known as troppatrippa.com, and they wanted to feature my painting of the Simmenthal Tripe can.     They generously associated me and my can with Andy Warhol and Campbell’s soup.   It puts me in the mind of making tripe can prints!  Maybe I will.  Meanwhile, I’ve had my 15 minutes of fame.   https://www.troppatrippa.com/articoli/la-simmenthal-come-la-campbell/

Bear getting ready for the Dance   Blair Pessemier Oil/Canvas 40 x 36"  100 x 90cm  750.00  
All around it’s been a fabulous week.   I have been able to retrieve my 9 unused ISBN#’s, that I might apply one to our book about Pompeii, on sale for Christmas.  There will be more about the book around 4 October, after the final evaluation.  The book is in both English and Italian.   Finding those 10 ISBN numbers from 2005, made me feel like a Mensa Genius. 
 Foo     Laurie Pessemier  Acrylic/oil pastel/paper   20 x 27" 50 x 70cm  350.00
We have been painting fantasy figures for the upcoming Maypole show at our gallery and ordered lots of colored satin ribbon.  We are seeking the pole itself, which needs to be three meters (120 inches) long.   It hasn’t been too difficult to slip into the fantasy world, as we have had a solid week of rain.  Even Berlino has been having sunshine deficiency.
Unicorn  Laurie Pessemier  Acrylic/canvas  23.5 x 16"   60 x 40cm   490.00
He caught a squirrel this week.  I was watching him toss around his toy in the yard, but then realized he didn’t have one quite that color, nor that “lively”.  I went out and he laid it down, like a good bird dog:  not a feather on the animal was spoiled, and after playing dead for a minute, the little creature jumped and ran up the tree.  Thank goodness.   I am glad we keep those vaccines up to date.

As I write these artnotes, the sun has finally broken through.  Our wash in hanging on the clothesline, and I am considering eating lunch outdoors.  Tripe, anyone?
Pair of Violins  Laurie Pessemier  Acrylic/paper 12 x 10"  30 x 25cm  275.00 (or 150 each)
Sign up for Artnotes by contacting me at lfpessemier@gmail.com

INVITING All Artists to present their Work:   Paint, Literature, Crafts, Food....


Pessemier's Sunday Salon
Weekly on Sunday  No Reservation Necessary
 

How it works: Bring a piece of your ART: that could be visual, like painting or printmaking; or literary, as in poetry or prose; or crafts, like metalwork or knitting; or food, or music.  Something you made, or feel particularly inspired by.  You have about 5 minutes to present, and we'll ooh, ahh, or answer questions you have.  You can also come and see how we work before diving in.  Just show up on Zoom at a minute or two before the hour.   
No selling, no networking until after everyone has presented.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88093708954?pwd=M04zNHB4dFZkREp3bThweUd1YnVDZz09

Meeting ID: 880 9370 8954 Passcode: 886402

Rome 8PM; NY 2 PM; LosAngeles 11AM