Saturday, August 03, 2024

Artnotes: Asea and Happy

 

First Apple    Laurie Fox Pessemier   Acrylic/paper 17 x 23.5"   43 x 60cm  275.00  

I am just mad for an August project.  I try to find something to do my least favorite month of the year.  I’ve made websites, written stories, swam for kilometers, DONE SOMETHING.  My favorite Augusts were spent on Cape Cod, or at Hemlock Lodge.  But this year I can’t get it together. 

I’ve tried resurrecting all of our children’s books to republish online, but I am finding errors and ideas that are no longer interesting.  I dug out my clay and am thinking of making lawn ornaments.  I am considering ArtnotesPLUS:  online lessons and critiques via Substack.  I am developing ideas for re-purposing the Stimigliano studio using my newspaper images.   I might apply for a grant for my works on paper through the Krasner/Pollock Foundation.   I fall asleep at night telling myself I will know what to do in the morning, only to make a plan, which I spurn by 8:45.   Aiyaiyai.   It’s just too hot (it’s 28 C degrees (82 Fahrenheit) in the bedrooms). 

Sunrise Walk with Berlino  Laurie  Pessemier  Acrylic/canvas   12 x 12"  30 x 30 cm  325.00  
Blair is working on a meditation chapel inspired by travel across the sea.  It is loosely based on immigration, not only of the refugees but on people beween here and there: expats, seniors, those seeking a direction, a transition.    I am trying to help, but I am the bull in the china shop – I have a way of taking things over, that doesn’t always set right with others.   My job is to tell everyone about it, as we seek a small piece of land, and donations for materials.   It is currently named, “Asea, no longer”. 
Floor Mosaic for "Asea: no longer"  Blair Pessemier

A friend stopped by yesterday, and told me I looked good.  I don’t know if normally I don’t look good, but it seemed like the longest time before anyone said anything nice to/about me.   It made me so happy.   I almost always tell other they look good, but maybe it’s just me setting my eyes on them after a long time.  It occurs to me perhaps one is no longer allowed to say that “you’ve lost weight” or “you look terrific” on account of harassment.   I assure you, I appreciate your appreciation.

The Fig Tree     Laurie Fox Pessemier   Acrylic/paper 17 x 23.5"   43 x 60cm  275.00  
We’ve been plunging into the Panaro river to cool off.  Just before the dam, the water is deep enough for a swim.   It’s a bit silty, and not very cold (there are extremely shallow spots), but feels liberating nonetheless.  Young men were in the water near us, Albanians I think.  They really couldn’t swim, but were enjoying themselves immensely,   Asea, and happy.
Happy in Stimigliano  Blie Pessemier  Acrylic/canvas  15 x 12"  37 x 30cm 
Sign up for Artnotes by contacting me at lfpessemier@gmail.com

INVITING All Artists to present their Work:   Paint, Literature, Crafts, Food....


Pessemier's Sunday Salon
Weekly on Sunday  No Reservation Necessary
 

How it works: Bring a piece of your ART: that could be visual, like painting or printmaking; or literary, as in poetry or prose; or crafts, like metalwork or knitting; or food, or music.  Something you made, or feel particularly inspired by.  You have about 5 minutes to present, and we'll ooh, ahh, or answer questions you have.  You can also come and see how we work before diving in.  Just show up on Zoom at a minute or two before the hour.   
No selling, no networking until after everyone has presented.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88093708954?pwd=M04zNHB4dFZkREp3bThweUd1YnVDZz09

Meeting ID: 880 9370 8954 Passcode: 886402

Rome 8PM; NY 2 PM; LosAngeles 11AM