Sunday, December 24, 2023

Artnotes: Merry Christmas

 


Spanish Coat    Laurie Pessemier  Acrylic/oil pastel/paper  12 x 9 "  31 x 23cm   90.00 
Blair, Berlino and I have had a marvelous Christmas season.  We took care of a dog left behind; we celebrated at the beach, where I can talk to God; we are going to a friend’s house for fishes on Christmas Eve.   We feel so incredibly lucky to have a roof over our heads and no war in our country.   If I were to have one Christmas wish it would be for PEACE, so everyone, everywhere, may do their best. 

It’s hard not to feel disappointed in the world this Holiday Season.   Greed rules supreme and the world’s only current measurement of success appears to be money/possession.    Not so in this house, where we revel in the best sorts of feelings (love!).
Fall, Marano (near Roccamalatina)   Blair Pessemier  Acrylic/canvas 12 x 20 "  30 x 50cm   490.00
Here are a few things that meant the most to me/us in 2023:

I take great pleasure in walking my wonderful dug and feeling the earth beneath my feet.  I just love his “bigness” and how he leans into me.  He wakes up wagging his tail and offering his whole self to us for petting.  We see the beauty of nature together:  Blair, Berlino and me.
I am so happy to be painting once a week (on Skype) with my girlfriend in France.  We talk and draw and paint, just like we used to do in cafes on so many afternoons in Paris, when we both lived there.  I look forward to the Sunday Art Salon, where the most surprising people (and some not so surprising) share their heartfelt talents.   We see fresh beauty founded in human hands, almost every week.
Lemons from my Painting Session    Laurie Fox Pessemier   Acrylic/paper  17.5 x 24"  44 x 61cm   250.00
I love to be cooking for ourselves and friends; and to break bread (a little too infrequently) with others. 

I like to find all kinds of things:  a fall leaf, a ball at the side of the road, a bone, a blown away Christmas ornament, a shell, a list, a rock, a ribbon, a dish…all clues to the mystery of life. 
Toreador  Laurie Fox Pessemier  Acrylic/oil pastel/paper 12 x 9"  31  x 23 cm  90.00  (I love how they look; I only wish they didn't hurt the bull)
I am so glad to be traveling again and visiting with those I love.  We really enjoyed time spent with visitors to Europe this year.   Blair, Berlino and I enjoyed being resident artists in Normandy,
Toreador with Cape    Laurie Fox Pessemier  Acrylic/oil pastel/paper 12 x 9"  31  x 23 cm  90.00 
 
I hope to fashion all of these positive experiences into an itinerary for 2024, which, god willing, awaits us right around the corner.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!
Sign up for Artnotes by contacting me at lfpessemier@gmail.com

No Art Salon this week or next -- see you in 2024

 

No comments: