Sunday, April 10, 2022

Artnotes: A New Harness

 

10 April 2022 Stimigliano, RI Italia

Apple Blossoms with Shadow  Blair Pessemier 12 x 16"  30 x40 cm  Acrylic/canvas 450.00
I am really happy to be living now, finding things like poems, and paintings and recipes on the Internet.  I specifically loved this poem by Rumi:  https://soundcloud.com/brainpicker/rumi-love-gold?    
I regularly find shocking things that send my mind in a new direction.  Of course, there is the news (mostly bad) and lies and hateful material on the web, but I can pick what I want to be part of.  My virtual intellectual relationships leave me free to embrace my motley assortment of neighbors for fun and loving interaction.  I am so happy to know people with manners and mannerisms different than my own.  People (mostly educated) refer to “intellectual equals” and I think: what a drag.  Tell me something new, something magical, something I disagree with.

Passer-by (painted from the Car  (2007))  Laurie Fox Pessemier   Acrylic/canvas  12 x 12"  30 x 30cm  450.00
A neighbor came by today to ask if he could repot the jasmine that climbs around my door in Stimigliano.  Sure, we tell him, go ahead.   He did.  I need to address many of my plants here – I am a terrible gardener and the extremely hot temperatures kill a lot of my not-regularly-watered specimens.  I love to LOOK at flowers, to PAINT them, but I can’t grow them.    Giuseppe, another neighbor, has commandeered an untended plot with an olive tree.  He’s added garlic and leeks and onions.  He’s built arbors from found materials.  It looks great. 

Tuesday Blossoms   Laure Fox Pessemier  Acrylic/canvas  16 x 12"  40  x 30cm   450.00
We have an exciting week in store, with a painting workshop student from California.  She’s a young woman, who we have painted with over the last ten years.  This is the first painter I have entertained since the start of the pandemic.  We are psyched.  

Quince Blossom  Laurie Fox Pessemier  Acrylic/canvas  6 x 18"   15 x 45 cm 450.00
A friend recommends a dog trainer, a woman who rattles on about how long we’ve had the dog, how old he is, his breed.   “You may be walking him too much,” she says.  “Let him stay around the yard.  Give it another month and if he is still pulling on the leash, we’ll see each other.”   I appreciate her wisdom, her surprising answer.  I am thankful it’s not just another bid for 5 lessons/100 euros.   The next day, we only walk a mile or two.  That and a new harness seem to be working.

and the right diet...
INVITING All Artists to present their Work:   Paint, Literature, Crafts, Food....
Pessemier's Sunday Salon
Weekly on Sunday  No Reservation Necessary
 How it works: Bring a piece of your ART: that could be visual, like painting or printmaking; or literary, as in poetry or prose; or crafts, like metalwork or knitting; or food, or music...you get the picture.  Something you made, or feel particularly inspired by.  You have about 5 minutes to present, and we'll ooh, ahh, or answer questions you have.  You can also come and see how we work before diving in.  Just show up on Zoom at a minute or two before the hour.   

Rome 8PM; NY 2 PM; LosAngeles 11AM 

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85625088767?pwd=WldKRk9VbUVITWtRS0FFK2JwdGEwQT09

Meeting ID: 856 2508 8767 Passcode: 887182

No comments: