Sunday, September 10, 2023

Artnotes: To New Horizons

9 September 2023 Rocca Malatina, MO   Italia
Cyclamen Laurie Fox Pessemier  Acrylic/canvas panel  12 x 12"  30 x 30cm   490.00
Cyclamen are popping about all around.  It is a sure sign of fall, of mushrooms, of truffles.  I tell myself this is why Berlino is digging up the yard:  things smell good under there.  I hope he finds a gold coin or two.  Something to pay for the soil I buy to replace the dirt.  I don’t reprimand him – he had a tough life before us and how serious are holes in my dead lawn anyway?  Next year I’ll let the yard go au natural – I love wildflowers and butterflies. At our last house the birds used to disappear into the knee-high meadow.  It was beautiful and romantic.  I am collecting wildflower seeds (did you know they dry out just in time to plant them?)
I have no ability in the gardening range, I’ll be the first to admit.  I raised one carrot this year.  The radishes, the easiest vegetable, resulted in leaves only.    I love flowers, and wish I could buy them like I used to in Paris:  5 bunches (now, 3) for 10 euros. 
 
We are in the throes of a new art show: the Circus and Other Fine Animals .  It is really good, and you can see it online https://visit.virtualartgallery.com/circusanimals/  .   It is also being shown in an exhibition space, in Vignola, MO  Italy.    Most of the work is very large, colorful and joyful.
Temptation:  Apples on the Tree in Fall   LauriePessemier  Acrylic/canvas  15 x 18"   38  x 46 cm   590.00
This may be our last physical show in Italy  for a while.  We don’t sell here, and people are not encouraging -- I am too old to struggle with those issues.  (CORRECTION/ALERT:  This show is very well received, thanks to the hard work of Anna, Umberto, Marco!)  The virtual shows are much more successful, and easy and fun to produce.  We are hoping to renew our art-sale  presence in the USA, in North Carolina, in 2024; and are looking forward to an art residency on the West Coast US, too. 
Harika (gone almost 2 years!)  Blair Pessemier  Acrylic/canvas  14 x 18"   35 x 45cm  490,00
Summer is winding down, at least up North, and we are planning for the next season.  We can go outside again, take walks, make plans.  I can see beyond the leafy yard, and look forward to new horizons.
What hole?
Sign up for Artnotes by contacting me at lfpessemier@gmail.com

INVITING All Artists to present their Work:   Paint, Literature, Crafts, Food....


Pessemier's Sunday Salon
Weekly on Sunday  No Reservation Necessary
 

How it works: Bring a piece of your ART: that could be visual, like painting or printmaking; or literary, as in poetry or prose; or crafts, like metalwork or knitting; or food, or music.  Something you made, or feel particularly inspired by.  You have about 5 minutes to present, and we'll ooh, ahh, or answer questions you have.  You can also come and see how we work before diving in.  Just show up on Zoom at a minute or two before the hour.   
No selling, no networking until after everyone has presented.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88093708954?pwd=M04zNHB4dFZkREp3bThweUd1YnVDZz09

Meeting ID: 880 9370 8954 Passcode: 886402

Rome 8PM; NY 2 PM; LosAngeles 11AM