Sunday, September 23, 2012

What Inspires You

 Purple trees   Blair Pessemier   Oil on linen   25.5 x 32 inches  SOLD
 Medici House (senat) Blair Pessemier    Acrylic on linen  16 x 10.5 inches
In the Garden   Blair Pessemier   Acrylic on linen  13 x 16 inches
First Day of Fall  Laurie Fox Pessemier   Acrylic on linen  13 x 16 inches
 September 19    Blair Pessemier   Acrylic on linen  13 x 16 inches
 Two with a dog   Laurie Fox Pessemier   Acrylic on linen   10.5 x 14 inches
Dahlias   Laurie Fox Pessemier    Acrylic on linen  9.5 x 16 inches

Artnotes:  What Inspires You

We had eleven students between the ages of 14 and 18 on Tuesday, and again on Saturday.  They are our favorite painters because they have no expectations of how they should paint. We had everything from Mondrian to  portraiture, trees in the park to stylized horses.  “The ponies never looked so good,” I told the young painter.  “It’s about freedom,” she replied.

This week, we saw a friend we had not seen for several years.  He now has a wife and twin one-year-olds (who were back at home).   We met for breakfast in a posh hotel where they were staying.   The four of us got along like a house afire.  So much so that It seemed like we created a vortex in the room: the waitress dropped a tray of coffee; a four panel screen tipped over; silverware fell from a tray.  “Some places are just like that,” our friend K said, “locations of churches and so on”.   I knew it was our own energy that was setting things a-spin.

I can feel so inspired by the people I see.  K is one – whenever we spend time together I feel everything will always be ok in my life. He’s believed in us as artists forever—“you guys are going to make it big,” he says, “you’re going  to be millionaires”. I believe him.  It encourages me to live strongly, spending  money I have now, because millionaire-dom is right around the corner.  

I  am writing from the studio today.  We are now officially open from 2 until 7 on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.   Blair is out painting with three colleagues.   I am exhausted from painting outdoors in this fall weather.   Whatever little ache I have is accentuated.  I am happy  to have the next four days free.

We drove to Trouville with Blair’s sister on Wednesday.  We celebrated this month with an “R” with a giant  seafood platter.  I ate oysters and clams, sea snails and shrimp.   Harika shared Blair’s lamb shank for lunch. 

The water in the English channel is warmer than the air.  I run in the surf, careful not to get my rolled up pants too wet.  Every time I am here I want to stay forever, painting pictures and eating clams.

No comments: