Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Artnotes: Genius Inside

 

Snake with Offering (Pompeii)  Laurie Fox Pessemier    Acrylic/canvas    10.5 x 18"  27 x 46cm  450.00 

I am typing Artnotes on a new “old” computer.  I purchased a reconditioned HP, because my 12 year old Asus was failing.  The Asus still works, but I really needed a different computer to run our Zoom Art Salons.   This one is just a few years old, and renewed.   And it cost one fifth of what I would pay for a new one.

I am hoping a genius is inside here, who will take my hands and heart and mind to write you beautiful missives.  I will give her a little time.  She came from a chop shop outside of Naples -- it had to be scary..

Morning View Excavation   Blair Pessemier  Acrylic/canvas   13 x 16"  33 X  41cm  490.00

I am writing about our time outside of Naples, in Pompeii.  Why is it when I write to you the words flood the screen, and when I try to write something longer, more correct, I stumble through?  Blair is still painting pictures of the Excavation.  I am using Canva to create a small book about the experience.   Meanwhile I am learning to work on this new device.   Actually the nerd doctors in Naples have been helpful getting me up and running – they speak some English, I speak some Italian, and the machine itself feels right underneath my fingers..

Fish Frieze (Pompeii)   Blair Pessemier    Acrylic/canvas panel   9.75 x 16"  .25 x 40 cm  450.00

I like the idea of a reconditioned computer for the fact that it is more climate responsible.  These computers are full of earth damaging elements, and if I can help minimize that, bravissimo!  One of our itinerant salesmen in Stimigliano has offered to take us to get a reconditioned phone at a special market in Rome.  It’s seems a little more clandestine than the computer, which we in fact bought with a year warranty from Amazon.

Doorway and Columns, Forum, Pompeii  Blair Pessemier   Acrylic/canvas  16 x 12"  40  x 30cm  450.00

I painted with Yukie this week.  I found a handful of pussy willows (salice di capre (goat willows) in Italian) to commit to paper.     Besides the pussy willows, we saw a grand field of snow drops bursting out around the Fountain of Youth.   They are really not pickable, but I am thinking of garnering a few bulbs from the woods for our own yard.   It’s thrilling to think of Spring that close.

Pussy Willows  Laurie Fox Pessemier   Acrylic/paper  23.5 x 17"  60 x 43cm  250.00
Sign up for Artnotes by contacting me at lfpessemier@gmail.com

No comments: