Saturday, October 15, 2022

Artnotes: Just Amazing

 

15 October 2022 Roccamalatina MO  Italia
Jack Russel  Zocca Market Laurie Pessemier  Acrylic/crayon/newspaper  24 x 18"  60 x 45cm  290.00
I am just amazed at what people can do.  I am listening to Song Chest Radio Hour, and admiring how this fellow puts together his own radio show, free, once a month or so. It is really interesting. https://www.songchest.org/episodes

There is so much we can do now, from art to music to all things creative, scientific, mental, physical, magical, using our computer connections.  I just went through some projects Blair and I did years ago, some before Internet, in fact.  I am sharing one with you today, our little book about Dunkirk, currently the third largest port in France.  
I uploaded it to issuu magazine, https://issuu.com/paintfox/docs/dunkirk   so you can look through it.
I was going through our things because I applied for an artist-in-residence offering in Syracuse, NY, with the Erie Canal Museum.   I have long admired the Erie Canal, since Blair and I visited there several years ago.   Blair and I (and Berlino, even if he doesn’t say so) want to go to the USA for a spell.  I am looking for a new project.  If anyone reading this post knows anyone involved with the Erie Canal and Museum, please put in a good word for me.  

The Erie Canal possibility has triggered many new ideas for us.  If I can be an artist for the Canal, why can’t we take up the Tiber (Tevere) River?  The source of the Tiber is in Emilia Romagna, and when our guest leave (or maybe we’ll take them), we are going to go to Mount Fumaiolo, about 2.5 hours from here, the source.
 
A Happy Pup   Laurie Fox Pessemier  Acrylic/crayon/newspaper  24 x 18"  60 x 45cm 
I am pressing on with my dog portraits, hoping to chine together a “dogs of Christmas” advent calendar on Instagram; who knows -- maybe even a set of dog Christmas greetings?    We’ve been photographing dog friends, and new, unknown dogs in the market.  Dogs are quite difficult to paint from life because they rarely sit still.   I’ll have to find a lap dog, or a “salon dog” as Tunisian friends once referred to the late Harika.
Start of a Portrait -- Friends   Blair Pessemier  Acrylic/canvas  
We are looking forward to guests arriving tonight, for a week.   We have wonderful day trips lined up.  It’s thrilling to think of the beautiful future ahead.
Laurie's Painting in an artist/client home!   https://rosefulbright.com/