Sunday, February 27, 2022

Artnotes: A Safe Place

 

2/26/22 Stimigliano, RI  Italia
Wednesday with Yukie:  Blossoms   Laurie Fox Pessemier  Acrylic/canvas  14 x 16"  36 x 40 cm  450.00
I am having a hard time getting through the news of this week.  It’s everywhere, from our café to the internet, to the gas pump.   War.  Can you believe it?  After eons of fruitlessness, it’s back, and punishing, heartbreaking; and there are actually ignorant people who live in safety, supporting it.
Ukranian Cossack (are we still living in the 16th century? a wretched band, persecuted the Jews, among others)  Laurie Fox Pessemier  Acrylic/canvas 20 x 10"  50 x25 cm  590.00
So, rather than dwell on that, today I will list the good things I know:

We passed our dog inspection and have walked Berlino in the neighborhood around the shelter twice this week.  We should be able to bring him home early next week.  Hooray Berlino!
 
Countries neighboring Ukraine are receiving immigrants with their pets, freely.
We have been making an easy delicious eggless mayonnaise.  I am thinking of demonstrating it at the Salon this week.

The fish monger gave us a very large fish head and a filet to make sauce with. 
Fishing, Santa Severa     Laurie Fox Pessemier  Acrylic/canvas  14 x 12"  35  x 30 cm  375.00
We walked a mile on the beach at Santa Severa and found several terrific rocks.

We lit candles at the church in Farfa and here in Stimigliano.  Real candles.

I heard a new donkey braying.
Man in the Moon    Blair Pessemier  Acrylic/canvas  18 x 15"  46  x 38cm  495.00
I got a new dog book on Chirp, my audio book service:  Dog Songs and a Thousand Mornings, Poems by Mary Oliver.
EVERY DOG’S STORY
I have a bed, my very own. It’s just my size.
And sometimes I like to sleep alone with dreams inside my eyes.
But sometimes dreams are dark and wild and creepy
But I’m no longer sleepy and too slowly the hours go by.
So I climb on the bed where the light of the moon is shining on your face
and I know it will be morning soon. Everybody needs a safe place.


INVITING All Artists to present their Work:   Paint, Literature, Crafts, Food....  read us a poem, tell us a joke?


Pessemier's Sunday Salon
Weekly on Sunday  No Reservation Necessary

Rome 8PM ; NY 2 PM; LosAngeles  11AM



Meeting ID: 856 2508 8767 Passcode: 887182
 

No comments: