Monday, April 12, 2021

Artnotes: Hey, Nice Painting

 



Love is a Hat   BlairPessemier  acrylic/canvas 39.5 x 35.5"  100 x 90  cm arrives unstretched
SOLD

An amazing thing happened.  Remember last week how I said if I stopped celebrating, or doing something, it never started again?  Well, it isn’t really true.  Back in January, a Skype friend and I stopped our weekly meeting to paint and visit.   The connection was shaky, I was crabby, and we decided to call it quits.  I was really sorry afterwards, and made it clear.   Well, this week, by hook or by crook, we tried it again.  It was as good as ever, maybe better, peppered with new ideas and less “tradition”.   Am I suggesting it’s ok to quit?  No.  But I am saying, give it another try.

Red Geraniums  Laurie Fox  Pessemier  acrylic/canvas 10.5 x 14"  27 x 35cm   450.00

It was the highlight for me in a cold week.  Snow and freezing temperatures killed my two large begonias, or at last diminished them severely.  I covered them, but it wasn’t enough.  I’ve covered myself, sorry to have removed the winter insulation upstairs.  Along with the temperature, my mood plunged into the doldrums.
Actually, Pasquetta, Easter Monday, was fine, with three guests and a leg of lamb that Harika polished off during the week.  We all got to sit outside in 70+ (20+) degree sunshine.  It seduced me into thinking, heck, it can’t freeze now.   Well, it did.
 

The Yesler Hotel  Blair Pessemier  acrylic/canvas 21.5 x 18"  55 x 46cm  650.00

Being shut in again, I am looking for happy books to read.   I don’t want to read about unhappy marriages, dogs dying, transgender experiences, grisly murders, doom nor gloom (not that there haven’t been super-duper books tackling those subjects).    I want to read “3 Men in a Boat”, or about Bertie Wooster.  I like books by John McPhee, or the history of the color Red.  Mahfouz.  Even Lawrence Durrell, although I like Gerard Durrell’s “My Family and Other Animals” better.   I read voraciously.  At least a book or two a week, and I’ve read 5 times that much while living where it rains frequently.  So I am asking you for recommendations. 

Begonia before the Frost  Laurie Pessemier  Acrylic/canvas  14 x 10.5"  35 x 27 cm  450.00

I love to hold the book itself (kindle is never good for me), take it with me in the car, read on the sofa awaiting the bell to signal dinner’s done.  Biography is nice – I’ve read books about Richard Feynman, Peter Sellers, Alan Bennet, Catherine de Medici.  I like reading letters between people.  I adored Simone Beauvoir’s love letters to Nelson Algren; correspondence of Rebecca West and HG Wells; DH Lawrence; diaries of Sylvia Plath (up until the end)…  One of my favorite books was the Diary of Samuel Pepys. 

Forum in Pink  Blair Pessemier  Acrylic/canvas  24  x 20"  60 x 50cm  580.00

Blair is sighing a lot.  We need a new project.  Maybe we’ll build a boat, or start a publishing company.  I am thinking of renting a shop with an apartment behind.  Just so people will stop in say, hey, nice painting.

https://youtu.be/jIlT0QHC0O8
THREE MINUTE ART SHOW:  April in Paris

INVITING All Artists to present their Work: 


Pessemier's Sunday Salon
Weekly on Sunday  No Reservation Necessary

Rome 8PM ; NY 2 PM; LosAngeles  11AM

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85625088767?pwd=WldKRk9VbUVITWtRS0FFK2JwdGEwQT09
Description:Laurie Pessemier is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting. Join Zoom Meeting

 


 

Copyright © 2021 Laurie and Blair Pessemier, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you have requested it, when you met us at an artshow, or online or through a friend.

Our mailing address is:

Laurie and Blair Pessemier

48 Lake Harwinton Rd

Harwinton, CT 06791


Add us to your address book

No comments: