Sunday, March 29, 2020

Antonio's White Flowers    Laurie Fox Pessemier   Acrylic/canvas  16 x 10"  40 x 25cm   190.00
“Where you going on your vacation, Foxie?” my dad’s friends would ask.  “Oh, I dunno’.  We’re thinking about Bed Springs, or maybe Veranda Beach.”  Everyone would laugh.   We never really went anyplace on my parents’ vacation from work back in the 1960s.  We’d hang around home, play games in the yard, barbecue.  I rode my tricycle on the porch so large I could turn around at each end; I played on the swingset; we went swimming.  I enjoyed it.  My Grandmother and Aunt and Uncle would come by, and of course, there were always neighbors.
Cherry Blossoms  Blair Pessemier  Acrylic/canvas  12 x 16"  30 x 40cm  275.00
 
I am trying to think about these days as a home vacation.  We might even head back to Roccamalatina after Modena has three days without a death-by-corona-virus.  I have bocce and badminton there, and a barbecue.  I am trying to get jazzed about having a vegetable garden, but really for me, flowers are much more appealing.   I can always buy tomatoes; ok, maybe 2 plants.
3 Sketches: Blossom, White Flowers, Red Fish  Laurie Fox Pessemier  Acrylic/canvas panel  6 x 10"  and 7 x 9" each  100.00 each
 
One of my wisest friends has been telling me for years I need to do things using my “cool” energy, rather than with the hot energy of youth.  He asks me what I’ll when I can no longer paint:   “look at Renoir”.  I sometimes see his point when I’ve been out in the studio too long in the cold, or when we’ve packed our supplies into a forest setting.   This staycation is the perfect opportunity to figure this out.
Blossoms  Blair Pessemier  Acrylicanvas  24 x 20"     60 x 50cm   350.00
Blair and I have always loved our older, wiser friends.  We were crazy about our grandmas; and my aunts and uncles.   We both still love to spend time with those more experienced than us.  And we still look to them:  compiling books, writing computer programs, setting up art foundations.   I just have to figure out where I am going for phase II.
 Red and Yellow Fish   Laurie Fox Pessemier  Acrylic/canvas  12 x 22  30 x 55cm   250.00
Although shipping is delayed, we are still selling paintings... if you are interested, just let us know, and we will send as soon as possible.
Blossom in a Chinese Inkwell   Laurie Fox Pessemier  Acrylic/canvas  10 x 14"  25 x 35cm  225.00

No comments: