Sunday, April 09, 2017

Artnotes: Handful of Daffodils

 Handful of Daffodils  Laurie Fox Pessemier  Acrylic/canvas  8 x 12"  20 x 30cm

 Sunlight in the Door Laurie Fox Pessemier  Acrylic/canvas  8 x 12"  20 x 30cm

 Oliver   Laurie Fox Pessemier   Acrylic/canvas  10 x 19.5"  25 x 50cm

Ponte di Tiberio (14 - 21 ce)  Laurie Fox Pessemier  Acrylic/canvas  12 x 8"  30 x 20cm

The Old Carnell Company, Winsted, CT   Blair Pessemier  11 x 14"   28 x 35.5cm
 Elephant at beach 43   Laurie Fox Pessemier   Acrylic/canvas  12 x 12"  30 x 30cm
The Beach Viserbella   Laurie Fox Pessemier  Acrylic/canvas  8 x 20"  20 x 50cm

Artnotes:  A handful of Daffodils

It is so bright out I was forced to paint indoors this morning.  I love the look of the sun bursting into the dark interior.  Harika and I are holding down the fort here, while Blair is in the USA.  He comes back on Monday (arriving Tuesday).  One never realizes how much another person does until you must do it all yourself.  Harika is zero help.

When I went to the USA, neighbors took Blair out for lunch, checked in to see was ok, et cetera.  Me?  Just call me “chopped liver”.   Must be a just for boys thing. It’s ok, I actually have a lot to keep me busy and my Modena chums checked on me.

I finished my writing.  I have moved the barbecue with the hornet’s nest inside to a location on the other side of the house, and put rocks over the hive entrance.  It’s a bit unnerving to step into the side yard, where those left outside are looking for home.  I feel very brave and hope not to have nightmares.

H and I spent a few days in Rimini.  I painted a four paintings, and we went to the beach a lot.  It was so surprising I was the only tourist.  Nine miles of beach, and not another person or dog in sight.   I went to the city one day, but I loved the giant expanse of silky sand beach too much to make the trek into town.   I blogged from there on www.artnotesitaly.wordpress.com.  

Our new trees all have leaves and flowers.  In fact, when I arrived the yard made me think of a chia pet – all green and fuzzy.  It seemed smaller, like when you put a carpet into a room.   I waded through the tall grass and picked a handful of daffodils.

No comments: